2019 Florida sales tax holiday on hurricane supplies
Every year at this time, there is a sales tax exception for hurricane supplies. this year it runs May 31 through June 6, 2019 for one week and applies to a whole host of eligible items .. so head down to the store and stock up!
List of eligible disaster preparedness items:
- AAA-cell, AA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-volt, or 9-volt batteries, excluding automobile and boat batteries ($30 or less).
- Gas or diesel fuel containers ($25 or less).
- Non-electric food storage coolers or ice chests ($30 or less).
- Portable generators used to provide light or communications or to preserve food in the event of a power outage ($750 or less).
- Portable self-powered light sources like flashlights or lanterns ($20 or less).
- Portable self-powered or battery run radios, two-way radios, or weather-band radios ($50 or less).
- Reusable ice such as ice packs ($10 or less).
- Tie down kits, tarpaulins or other flexible waterproof sheeting and anchor systems ($50 or less).
- Always exempt: bottled water, canned food, first aid kits, prescription medications, baby food and formula.
- Bottled water, canned food, first aid kits, prescription medications, baby food and formula are always exempt.
Click here to read predictions for the 2019 hurricane season
Click here for an official list of items from The Florida Department of Revenue
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM POWERFUL HURRICANES – GET REPLACEMENT WINDOWS TODAY!
At Wrights Impact Windows & Door, we take hurricane protection seriously – which is why we offer high-quality replacement windows and PACE finance options for our customers. The benefits of impact windows and impact doors are numerous – from better energy efficiency to reduce noise and higher home values.
But, most importantly, impact windows and doors can help keep you, your family, and your property safe. So no matter where you live in Florida, consider getting replacement windows for your home. Not only is it a great idea to protect your family, but Florida building codes now require hurricane protection for all new windows and doors! So, if you’re ready to get started, request an estimate online.